You can have Chicken Parmigiana using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts.
- It's 4 slice of shortcut bacon.
- Prepare 1 can of crushed tomatoes.
- It's 1 medium of onion~diced.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It's 1 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- It's 3 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of grated tasty cheese.
Chicken Parmigiana step by step
- Preheat oven to 180 celcius..
- Add 1tbsp oil to medium saucepan and saute onion and garlic for 1 minute..
- Add can of tomatoes, basil and brown sugar. Reduce heat and let simmer for around 40 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened..
- Cut chicken breasts through the centre, horizontally, so you have 4 pieces of breast..
- Coat chicken pieces in flour, dip in whisked egg, then coat in breadcrumbs. Place in 180 celcius oven for around 15 mins, turning once..
- Once chicken has browned, remove from oven, add generous amount of sauce to each breast then top with bacon piece. Add tasty cheese on top of bacon and return oven for around 20 mins, or until cheese is golden..