Chicken Parmesan. Chicken Parmesan is a classic for a reason! Chicken cutlets, breaded and fried, smothered with tomato sauce, and covered with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses are so good. Chicken parmigiana, or chicken parmesan (Italian pollo alla parmigiana), is a dish that consists of breaded chicken breast covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone cheese.
This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love! This Chicken Parmesan recipe (aka chicken parmigiana) is a family favorite! Tender pan fried chicken breasts topped with tomato sauce and cheese baked until golden and bubbly. You can cook Chicken Parmesan using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan
- It's of Chicken Base.
- It's 4 of Chicken Fillets.
- It's 100 grams of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It's of Bechamel Sauce.
- It's 425 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 20 grams of Flour.
- Prepare 40 grams of Plain Flour.
- You need 1 stick of Carrot (peeled and cut into sticks).
- You need 1 1/2 small of onion (skinned and cut into half).
- Prepare of Topping.
- You need 250 grams of Cheddar Cheese.
This classic Chicken Parmesan from Delish.com is as good as it gets. When you're craving chicken Parmesan, this is exactly what you'd want. Learn how to make chicken parm with a perfectly crisp, golden, breaded exterior and a moist interior, with all the right flavors and just the right amount of gooey cheese. Classic Chicken Parmesan recipe with parmesan crusted tender chicken, topped with marinara and cheese.
Chicken Parmesan instructions
- Preheat Oven to 200°F.
- Crack egg into large enough dish to lay a Chicken Fillet flat, and beat Egg..
- Flatten Chicken with Hammer.
- Dip Chicken Fillets into Egg and Coat.
- Coat Chicken Fillets in Breadcrumbs.
- Deep Fry Breaded Fillets until just cooked and Golden Brown. Around 10 to 15 minutes. After cooking, place on Kitchen towel to absorb excess oil..
- Meanwhile, heat Milk up in a small heavy bottomed pan. Careful not burn bottom of pan..
- Add Bay Leaf, onion, and Carrot to Milk, and gently warm for around 10 minutes. Essentially you are flavorings the milk..
- Once Milk has been flavoured, strain and discard of onion, bay leaf and Carrot..
- Next, heat Butter in large pan and turn heat down once melted, to a simmering heat..
- Add flour to butter and stir. the mix will become very thick and look like a Sandy texture. This is a roux..
- Add a little bit of Milk at a time, about 50ml. Stir until the milk has been absorbed.
- Once all Milk has been absorbed. You should now have your Bechamel Sauce..
- Spread Breaded Chicken Fillets with Bechamel Sauce and place into the oven (15mins). The sauce will become less thick once heated up in oven..
- Now that your Breaded Chicken Fillets have been cooked through and Bechamel sauce is starting to cook and bubble, Add your Cheddar Cheese and Grill until cheese has melted..
- Serve immediately with Homemade Chips and Salad. Garlic Mayonnaise makes a great Condiment.
This baked chicken parmesan is golden brown crispy chicken breasts smothered in marinara sauce and melted cheese. A lighter take on the classic chicken parmesan that tastes like something you'd. Chicken Parmesan is made of components I love, like juicy chicken, savory Parmesan cheese, tangy tomato sauce, and spaghetti. So, in theory, I should love Chicken Parm as well, but for all its promise. This easy, top-rated chicken Parmesan recipe is a family favorite!