You can cook Chicken Parmesan using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan
- Prepare 2 of boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved & pounded 1/2" thin.
- You need 1 of egg beaten.
- It's 1 cup of Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
- It's 3/4 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It's 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It's 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2-4 cups of marinara sauce, heated.
- You need of Shredded mozzarella.
- It's of Cooked pasta of your choice.
- It's of Chopped fresh basil to garnish.
Chicken Parmesan step by step
- Start your pasta water to boil and put your sauce on the heat to get hot.
- Mix together breadcrumbs, parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic powder on a shallow plate.
- Beat egg in a separate dish.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet I'm medium high.
- Dip pounded breast halves in egg, and press firmly into crumb mixture, coating thoroughly..
- Place breasts in hot oil and cook about 4-5 minutes a side until cooked throughly and crispy golden. Remove to a paper plate to drain.
- Wipe out skillet and return to heat. pour marinara sauce in skillet and place chicken in sauce. Cover chicken with mozzarella and cover skillet for cheese to melt..
- Cook pasta as directed.
- Serve chicken over pasta with desired amount of sauce. Garnish with fresh basil.