You can have Chicken Parmigiana using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana
- It's 2 of eggs or equivalent of egg substitute.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- It's 6 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- It's 1 cup of crushed club crackers.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It's 15 oz of tomato sauce.
- It's 1/4 tsp of dried basil.
- It's 1/8 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 6 slices of mozzarella cheese.
Chicken Parmigiana instructions
- Spray 13x9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray..
- Whisk eggs, salt, & pepper until blended. Dip chicken in egg mixture & coat with cracker crumbs..
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken. Cook chicken until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Drain. Arrange in single layer in prepared baking dish..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wipe skillet with paper towel. Combine tomato sauce, basil, & garlic powder in the skillet & mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat..
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thickened, about 6 minutes. Stir in butter. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese..
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the cover. Top each chicken breast with mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer..