You can have Chicken Parmigiana using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana
- Prepare 2 lb of Chicken Breast.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of AP Flour.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of crushed black pepper.
- It's 2 of large eggs.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of Panko.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 2 cup of Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare of About 1 cup of cheese, grated parmesan, mozarella, or both.
Chicken Parmigiana instructions
- You want to flatten out your chicken breast to start off. The traditional method seems to be to just pound it flat with a meat tenderizer or a heavy skillet. I like to butterfly my chicken cutlets though. If you don't plan on overcooking your chicken, it doesn't need to be pulverized, and it will stay nice and juicy. I lay the breast flat and slice into the mid-section through the thickest part, peeling it opened as I go, just like If you were planning to make stuffed chicken breast or cordon bleu..
- Prepare your dredging platters. Lay out three shallow dishes. In one, add flour, salt, and pepper, and mix it up. In the next, crack 2 eggs, and whisk them up. In the third, spread out your panko. You can use regular breadcrumbs if you can't find panko, but I love panko..
- Place a piece of chicken in the flour and make sure it is coated well. Dust it off just a bit and move it to the egg. Again, make sure it is coated well. Now, into the panko, turning and pressing down a couple of times, making sure that the whole piece of chicken is well coated. Repeat the process with your other chicken pieces. With 2 lbs of chicken breast, you'll probably get 2-3 big pieces..
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. You can cook these bad Larry's on medium-low. I like to cook them pretty slow to get a good golden crisp on both sides, and by this time the chicken should be cooked mostly through depending on how thick you left your cutlets..
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Warm your tomato sauce gently on the stove. I always make my own sauce. Check out my marinara recipe if you're interested, it's very simple..
- When your chicken cutlets are golden, arrange them in a baking platter large enough to accommodate them without any overlap..
- Spread some tomato sauce over the chicken cutlets..
- Top with cheese..
- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes. You just want the cheese to melt, and maybe, if your chicken was pretty thick, to finish cooking it through. If you're confident that your chicken is cooked through, I would recommend broiling instead, just to turn the cheese golden crusty brown. There's really no flavor like that caramel crusty cheese flavor..