Chicken Parmesan. Chicken parmigiana, or chicken parmesan (Italian pollo alla parmigiana), is a dish that consists of breaded chicken breast covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone cheese. Chicken Parmesan is a classic for a reason! Chicken cutlets, breaded and fried, smothered with tomato sauce, and covered with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses are so good.
This Chicken Parmesan recipe (aka chicken parmigiana) is a family favorite! Tender pan fried chicken breasts topped with tomato sauce and cheese baked until golden and bubbly. The Best Chicken Parmesan recipe, made a bit healthier! You can cook Chicken Parmesan using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan
- Prepare 4 of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- You need 4 cup of bread crumbs.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour, or more if needed.
- Prepare 1 cup of olive oil for frying.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of prepared tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- It's 1/2 cup of grated provolone cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Breaded chicken cutlets are baked, not fried yet the Baked Chicken Parmesan. This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love! Classic Chicken Parmesan recipe with parmesan crusted tender chicken, topped with marinara and cheese. Learn how to make chicken parm with a perfectly crisp, golden, breaded exterior and a moist interior, with all the right flavors and just the right amount of gooey cheese.
Chicken Parmesan instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper..
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside. Mix bread crumbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan in a separate bowl, set aside..
- Place flour in a sifter or strainer; sprinkle over chicken breasts, evenly coating both sides. Dip flour coated chicken breast in beaten eggs. Transfer breast to breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs into both sides. Repeat for each breast. Set aside breaded chicken breasts for about 15 minutes..
- Heat 1 cup olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Cook chicken until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. The chicken will finish cooking in the oven..
- Place chicken in a baking dish and top each breast with about 1/3 cup of tomato sauce. Layer each chicken breast with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and provolone cheese. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese on top and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 min..
Chicken Parmesan is made of components I love, like juicy chicken, savory Parmesan cheese, tangy tomato sauce, and spaghetti. So, in theory, I should love Chicken Parm as well, but for all its promise. Cut a pocket into each chicken breast. Stuff the pockets evenly with the mozzarella cheese. The BEST Chicken Parmesan How to Make Chicken Parmesan What to serve with this chicken parmesan recipe How to make the ultimate chicken parmesan!