You can have Chicken Parmesan using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan
- It's 1/4 of Extra Virgin olive oil.
- It's 3 tbsp of Extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 medium of Onion, chopped.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 each of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of Basil leaves.
- Prepare 56 oz of Whole peeled tomatoes, drained and hand crushed.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 4 each of Skinless boneless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 large of Eggs lightly beaten.
- It's 1 tbsp of Water.
- You need 8 oz of Fresh mozzarella, water drained.
- You need 1 of Freshly grated Parmesan.
- It's 1 lb of Pasta, cooked al dente.
Chicken Parmesan instructions
- Coat a sauté pan with olive oil and place over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bay leaves; Cook and stir for 5 minutes until soft and fragrant. Add the hand torn basil. Carefully add the tomatoes cook and stir until liquid is cook down and the sauce is thick, about 15 minutes; season with sugar, salt and pepper. Lower the heat, cover, and keep warm..
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- Get the ingredients together for the chicken so you have a little assembly line. Put the chicken breasts side-by-side on the cutting board and lay a piece of plastic wrap over them. Pound the chicken breasts with a flat meat mallet, until they are about a 1/2 inch thick. Put the flour in a shallow platter and season with a fair amount of salt and pepper; mix with a fork to distribute evenly. I'm a wide bowl, combine the eggs and water, beat until frothy. Put the breadcrumbs on a plate, season with salt and pepper..
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium high flame and a large oven proof skillet. Slightly dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, And then dip them in the eggwash to coat completely, Letting the excess drip off, then dredge in the bread crumbs. When the oil is nice and hot, add the cutlets and fry for four minutes on each side until golden crusty, turning once..
- Little tomato olive sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with mozzarella, Parmesan, and basil. Bake the chicken Parmesan for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Serve hot with pasta..