You can have Chicken Parmigiana using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana
- It's 2 large of skinless chicken breasts.
- It's 75 grams of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 can of passata.
- Prepare 1 tsp of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 of eggs beaten.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 125 1/2 grams of light mozzarella, torn.
- You need 75 grams of grated parmesan.
Chicken Parmigiana step by step
- Place chicken breasts between cling film and bash out with a rolling pin until as thick as a £1 coin..
- Dip the chicken in the eggs and then breadcrumbs, mixed with half the parmesan. Set aside in fridge..
- Heat oil in a saucepan, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add passata, sugar and oregano. Season and simmer for 5-10 minutes..
- Heat grill to high and cook chicken 5 minutes each side until golden then remove..
- Pour tomato sauce into a shallow oven proof dish and place chicken on top. Scatter over the mozzarella and remaining parmesan. Grill for 3-4 minutes until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling..
- Serve with vegetables, salad and some pasta or potatoes..