You can have Chicken Parmesan using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan
- Prepare 1/4 cup of extra-vergin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of onion.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It's 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of kalamata olives, pitted.
- It's 1/2 bunch of basil leaves.
- You need 2 can of (28 ounce) whole peeled tomatoes, drained and hand crushed.
- You need 1 pinch of sugar.
- You need 1 dash of salt and black pepper.
- Prepare 4 of skinless, boneless, chicken breast (about 1 1/2 lbs).
- It's 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It's 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 cup of dried bread crumbs.
- Prepare 8 oz of ball fresh buffalo mozzarella, water drained.
- Prepare 1 of freshly grated parmesan.
- Prepare 1 lb of spaghetti pasta, cooked al dente.
Chicken Parmesan step by step
- Coat a saute pan w/ olive oil and place over medium heat. When oil gets hazy, add the onions, garlic, and bay leaves; cook and stir for 5 minutes until fragrant and soft..
- Add the olives and some hand-torn basil. Add tomatoes, cook and stir until the liquid is cooked down and the sauce is thick, about 15 minutes; season with sugar, salt and pepper. Lower heat, cover, and keep warm..
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Pound the chicken breast w/ meat mallet, until they are about 1/2-inch thick..
- Put flour in a shallow platter and season w/ fair amount of salt and pepper; mix and distribute evenly..
- In a wide bowl, combine the eggs and water, beat until frothy..
- Put the bread crumbs on a plate, season w/ salt and pepper..
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil over medium-high flame in a large oven-proof skillet..
- Lightly dredge both sides of the chicken cutlets in the seasoned flour, and then dip in the egg wash to coat completely, letting the excess drip off, then dredge in the bread crumbs..
- When oil is nice and hot, add the cutlets and fry for 4 minutes on each side until golden and crusty, turning once..
- Ladle the tomato-olive sauce over the chicken and sprinkle w/ mozzarella, parmesan, and basil..
- Bake the chicken parmesan in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly..
- Serve hot w/ spaghetti..