You can have Chicken Parmigiana using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil.
- It's 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It's 1 stick of celery, finely chopped.
- It's 1 of red pepper, finely chopped.
- It's 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It's 1 tin of Italian tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 1 of chicken stock cube.
- It's 360 mL of boiling water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- It's 1 pinch of dried basil.
- You need 2 teaspoons of caster sugar.
- It's 1 tablespoon of tomato purée.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of chicken breast fillets, butted into thin escalopes using a rolling pin.
- You need 1 of editor, beaten.
- You need as needed of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 knob of butter.
- You need of Grated mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Grated parmigiano cheese.
Chicken Parmigiana step by step
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan and add the onions, celery, pepper and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent..
- Pour the tomatoes into a sieve and using the back of a wooden spoon push down and through the sieve until a purée is formed. In a cup combine the stock human water, stir and set aside..
- Add the purée to the pan and throw away any remaining pulp is left in the sieve. Add the parsley, basil, sugar and tomato purée. Mix well.
- Add the stock and water, stir and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and continue cooking with the lid on for 30 minutes. Remove the lid then continued simmering until the sauce is thick. Season with salt and pepper then set aside..
- Dip the chicken into the beaten egg, drain off the excess then pressing the breadcrumbs until well covered. Put onto a plate and chill until required stop both the source and the chicken can be prepared in the morning or even the night before and kept in the refrigerator..
- Heat the oven to 180°C..
- In a nonstick frying pan heat some of the olive oil and a knob of butter. Pan- fry the chicken until golden but be careful not to burn..
- Place into an ovenproof dish, then sprinkle over the mozzarella cheese and spirit on the source. You may have extra sauce remaining but this freezes extremely well and I often make extra sauce in the 1st place..
- Sprinkle over the parmigiano cheese then cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, remove the file and bake for an additional 10 minutes,.