Baked chicken parmigiana. This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love! Made with homemade marinara sauce and melted mozzarella cheese. Serve it over pasta, zucchini noodles.
I grew up eating Chicken Parmigiana and to this day it is one of my all-time favorite meals. Today we're making this classic Italian-American Chicken Parmigiana. Baked Chicken Parmigiano so good and cheesy the perfect Company is Coming or Family Dinner Recipe. You can cook Baked chicken parmigiana using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked chicken parmigiana
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion, 200g, diced.
- You need 1 of large ramiro pepper or 2 small, 150g, diced.
- Prepare 1 of medium courgette, 200g, diced.
- Prepare 2 of large garlic cloves, finely diced.
- It's 2 cans of chopped tomatoes.
- You need 4 of chicken breasts, total around 500-600g.
- Prepare 40 g of grated Parmesan.
- You need 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- It's 250 g of grated mozzarella.
- It's 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of Butter.
This Chicken Parmesan will become your family's favourite recipe. Easy and delicious Chicken Parmigiana recipe. Baked Chicken Parmigiana recipe: Try this Baked Chicken Parmigiana recipe, or contribute your own. Playing Easy Chicken Recipes: How to Make Baked Chicken Breasts & Baked Chicken Parmigiana.
Baked chicken parmigiana step by step
- Start by making your ratatouille style sauce. In a large saucepan add 2 tablespoons of oil and place on a medium to high heat. Add the onions and stir. Reduce the heat to medium and soften for 8 minutes. Then add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes..
- Meanwhile, start preparing the chicken. We are going to open out the chicken. Lay the chicken on a board. You are going to cut the chicken on the more round side. Place your hand flat on the chicken and slice with the knife horizontally into the chicken to open it out like a book. (You do not need to cut all the way through yet).
- Do this for all the chicken breasts. Once you can open out the chicken place a piece of parchment on top and flatten it with a rolling pin or mallet. Then cut the chicken breast in half. Remember to wash your hands after handling raw chicken..
- Add in the courgettes and peppers to the onions and stir. Add a few twists of salt and pepper and the oregano. Stir and soften the vegetables for another 5-7 minutes until they 'wilt'. Then add the 2 cans of tomatoes and stir. (Top tip. If your tomatoes are quite runny and have a lot of liquid add 2 teaspoons of tomato puree) Continue to simmer the sauce for another 10-15 minutes on high heat to reduce to a thick consistency. Stir regularly to avoid sticking..
- On a plate add the Parmesan and on another plate add the egg and whisk lightly. Season the egg with a little salt and pepper. Take one chicken piece. Dip one side in the egg, and then dip it in Parmesan. Prepare all of the chicken the same way and set aside..
- Place a reliable non stick frying pan on the hob and add a tablespoon of oil and a nob of butter. Put it on a medium-high heat. Fry the chicken pieces, Parmesan side down for about 3 minutes until you get a lovely crust from the Parmesan and place the cooked chicken to one side on a clean plate..
- Once your sauce is thick, check the seasoning. Add a little more salt and pepper if needed. Place sauce in a baking dish and position the chicken on top, Parmesan side up. Sprinkle over the mozzarella and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes on 190 degrees C..
- Serve the dish with carbs or no carbs!.
- Top tips. I prefer to use the mozzarella that isn't in water as it adds water to the dish. If you want to use that mozzarella be extra sure your sauce is thick! I like to cook the meal in 2 separate dishes so that I can cook one fresh in the oven another day. It will also freeze well..
Authentic Italian Chicken Parmigiana recipe requires only a few simple ingredients to make it stand Aaahhh, cheesy Baked Chicken Parmesan. It's one of our family's favorites along with Parmesan. Bobby Flay shares his recipe for Chicken Parmigiana. He begins by placing a skinless boneless chicken breast in plastic wrap and hitting it with a tenderizer to flatten it to about a half inch. Chicken Parmigiana is an American variation made from an old traditional recipe in.