Chicken Parmesan with Grapefruit Sauce.
You can have Chicken Parmesan with Grapefruit Sauce using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan with Grapefruit Sauce
- Prepare 2 of Chicken thigh (with skin).
- You need 2 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 2 tbsp of Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- You need 60 grams of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 dash of each Salt and pepper.
- It's 1 tsp of Olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of ■ Balsamic vinegar.
- It's 1 tbsp of ■ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ■ Mirin.
- It's 250 ml of Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.
Chicken Parmesan with Grapefruit Sauce instructions
- Squeeze out the grapefruit juice. Peel the skin off from the chicken to create a pouch..
- In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons each of sake and grapefruit juice, and marinate the chicken in it for about 30 minutes. Then coat the chicken evenly with katakuriko and remove from the bowl..
- Stuff the finely grated Parmesan cheese between the meat and the skin. Sprinkle some salt and pepper all over the chicken..
- Place the chicken from Step 3 skin side down into a skillet, and cook it without moving the chicken over medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes, until golden brown..
- Flip the chicken and cook the other side over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes until thoroughly done..
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Combine all of the ■ ingredients in a pan and simmer until thickened. Once it is thickened, add 100 ml of the grapefruit juice and reduce some more. Add the remaining grapefruit juice, bring it to a boil again and the sauce is done..
- For the garnish, peel a grapefruit (not listed) like you would peel an apple, and cut out each segment with a knife..
- Cut the cooked chicken in half, serve it on a plate, drizzle on the sauce, and it is done..