You can cook Chicken Parmigiana using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmigiana
- Prepare 2 of Chicken Breasts.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Bread crumbs.
- You need 1 of tomatoes Canned.
- It's 11/2 Teaspoons of Chilli flakes.
- You need 11/2 Teaspoons of Garlic Powder.
- It's 50 Grams of Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Prepare 30 Grams of Mozzarella.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Oregano.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- It's of Olive Oil.
Chicken Parmigiana step by step
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C..
- Heat up some olive oil in a pan and add the tinned chopped tomatoes, garlic powder, finely chopped oregano, and chilli flakes. Fill up the empty tin up to the half mark with water and stir it into the sauce. Let it simmer on a low heat..
- Take the chicken filet and lay it out flat in between two baking sheets. Using a rolling pin, give it a good bashing to flatten it till it is uniformly thin..
- Sprinkle with salt and a pepper.
- Take a frying pan and heat up some olive oil on medium flame..
- Prepare a plate with bread crumbs and one plate with the beaten egg..
- Dip the chicken filet in egg and then dredge it with breadcrumbs. Shake off the excess..
- Fry it on both sides till nice and golden..
- Take it off the heat when cooked and place it on some tissue paper to get rid of excess oil..
- Get a baking dish and pour in the tomato sauce. Evenly spread it out..
- Place the fried chicken filet over the sauce..
- Place mozzarella slices over the chicken and sprinkle grated Parmigiano-Reggiano and a few oregano leaves..
- Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes till the cheese has melted and beautifully golden..
- Serve piping hot..