Alaska Halibut & Shrimp Stew.
You can have Alaska Halibut & Shrimp Stew using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Alaska Halibut & Shrimp Stew
- Prepare 2 lb of Halibut or firm fleshed white fish.
- It's 1 medium of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of Celery, chopped.
- It's 3 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 3/4 cup of Uncooked rice.
- It's 2 1/2 cup of Boiling water.
- Prepare 2 can of 16 oz. whole peeled tomatoes.
- You need 1 packages of 10 oz. Frozen mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of Shrimp, peeled and deveined.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Chili powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 dash of Pepper.
Alaska Halibut & Shrimp Stew instructions
- Cut the fish into 1 inch chunks and refrigerate until ready to use..
- In a large stew pot cook onion and celery in the butter over medium heat, stirring till tender..
- Add rice, boiling water, salt, chili powder, thyme, and pepper..
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in fish, tomatoes, vegetables, and shrimp..
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork..