You can have Halibut Chowder using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Halibut Chowder
- You need 8 of to 10 green onions, thinly sliced.
- It's 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It's 4 can of condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted.
- You need 2 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup undiluted.
- Prepare 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 packages of (8 oz each) cream cheese, cubed.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of halibut or salmon fillets, cubed.
- It's 1 1/2 cup of frozen sliced carrots.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- Prepare 1/8 of to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional.
Halibut Chowder step by step
- This rich, creamy chowder starts with canned soup and frozen vegetables. It showcases tender chunks of halibut, but salmon or most any type of whitefish will do..
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender..
- Add soups, milk and cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted..
- Bring to a boil. Stir in fish, carrots and corn. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily and the vegetables are tender..
- Add cayenne pepper if desired..
- YIELD: 16 servings (about 4 quarts).