Halibut with the chunky romesco. Seared halibut comes out perfectly flakey. Dress up your fish with this romesco sauce and an almond herb crumble. Highlight the sweet and subtle flavor of halibut with a smoky homemade romesco sauce.
Oil the grill rack and brush oil onto the halibut skewers. Add broth to same skillet and bring to boil; stir in romesco sauce. Spoon romesco sauce over; sprinkle with parsley, if desired, and serve. You can have Halibut with the chunky romesco using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Halibut with the chunky romesco
- You need 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, plus more for greasing.
- Prepare 2 1/4 lb of halibut, swordfish or mahi mahi fillets 3/4 quarter inch thick, scaled.
- You need 1 dash of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, grated or finely chopped.
- You need 2 1/2 oz of almonds, coarsely chopped.
- Prepare 4 1/2 oz of bread crumbs.
- It's 3 tbsp of chopped flat leaf parsley.
- Prepare 12 oz of jar roasted red peppers, rinsed come up at a dry and coarsely chopped.
- It's 1 tbsp of sherry vinegar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It's 1 pinch of smoked paprika.
Poaching halibut is a quick and easy way to ensure good results.and when you serve the halibut with our sweet and savory salsa, the dish goes from really good to absolutely delicious! Serve the fish with the pineapple salsa. The beautiful Romesco sauce, which hails from Spain, is equally delicious on tuna, swordfish, grilled chicken breasts and vegetables. Try out roast cod recipe with romesco sauce and almond dressing.
Halibut with the chunky romesco instructions
- preheat oven to 450°F. Brush bottom of oven proof dish with olive oil, and add fish, skin side down. Season to taste..
- heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy frying pan. Add garlic, almonds and bread crumbs, and fry over medium heat, stirring for 6-8 minutes, until just golden. Do not let nuts burn. Stir in parsley, then spoon mixture over fish..
- bake fish on uncovered for 5 minutes, then loosely cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until just cooked through. The fish will flake easily when it is ready, remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining olive oil..
- meanwhile, to make the romesco sauce, combine red peppers, vinegar, cayenne pepper and paprika. Either serve fish topped with sauce or with sauce separately in bowl.
- To prepare ahead the sauce can be made, covered in refrigerated for 2 days. The flavors will deepen. The nut and bread crumb topping can be made 6 hours ahead and stored in airtight container at room temperature.
This easy Italian fish recipe is an easy roasted cod recipe with classic romesco sauce. Poaching halibut is a quick and easy way to ensure good results.and when you serve the halibut with our sweet and savory salsa, the dish goes from I quarted the pineapple chunks and it made all the vegies in the salsa more uniform and easier to eat. We ate the leftover salsa with whole grain chips. The beautiful Romesco sauce, which hails from Spain, is equally delicious on tuna, swordfish, grilled chicken breasts and vegetables. Season the fish with the salt and pepper.