Halibut with asparagus. Butter-Roasted Halibut with Asparagus and Olives. Thinly slice one-quarter of asparagus into coins and place in a medium bowl; set aside. Halibut is a lean fish with a firm yet soft texture and a mild taste.
Take care not to overcook it as it will dry out and spoil the texture. To serve, place the asparagus in the centre of serving plates and top with the halibut. Place asparagus in baking dish or into individual baking dishes. You can cook Halibut with asparagus using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Halibut with asparagus
- Prepare 1/4 lb of shiitake mushrooms.
- It's 1 tbsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce.
- It's 2 tsp of rice wine.
- Prepare 4 of halibut fillets (6oz).
- You need 12 of asparagus spears.
Gently lay halibut fillets on the asparagus. A great dish to cook for date night with your loved one. Carefully add seared halibut fillets and asparagus to pan. Divide potatoes and asparagus among the bowls.
Halibut with asparagus step by step
- preheat to 400°F..
- lay foil on counter..
- place fillets in the center..
- scatter the asperagus, mushrooms, and ginger ion top of fish..
- drizzle each fillet with soy sauce and red wine or Masala..
- season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- fold the foil and seal..
- place on a baking sheet, bake 20 to 25 minutes depending the thickness of the fillets..
Turn up heat and reduce liquid in pan by half, stirring. Asparagus Preparation: Tips And Tricks For Beginners. For this halibut recipe I baked the halibut filets and asparagus in a parchment paper packet with some lemon and a mustard-dill Tim and I just eat the halibut and asparagus right from the parchment. Using a spider, remove the asparagus from the boiling water to a colander set over the sink. This recipe highlights the best of spring's bounty.