Fish pudding. Slice and serve with a cream sauce. Or you can serve it with fried onions instead. You can also mold the fish batter into small balls and poach them in fish stock.
Boil water in a pan to be used later for baking pudding. Grease the bottom and sides of a pan with butter. Here's a rustic dish to make any night of the week for a family dinner, which can be on the table in about an hour. You can have Fish pudding using 12 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish pudding
- You need 2 pounds of halibut.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 of large cup half and half.
- It's to taste of Lemon juice.
- It's to taste of Onion seasoning.
- You need to taste of Pepper.
- You need to taste of Paprika.
- You need of Little Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It's to taste of Celery salt.
It's filled with fish (hake is called for but any type of lean fish will do) that's well seasoned and sauteed along with vegetables (leek, zucchini. Begin heating a saucepan of water to a boil, to use later when baking the pudding. Using a blender or food processor, puree fish and cream in small batches until smooth. Place pureed fish in a large mixing bowl.
Fish pudding instructions
- Boil halibut 20 minutes,remove all skin and bones. Blend flour and butter,add milk and seasoning cook in double boiler until smooth sauce. Cool. Add beaten egg yolks,and last fold in stiffly beaten egg white. Place in well-buttered mold,set in pan with little hot water. Bake 30 minutes @350. Turn on heat chop plate, fill center with very small buttered potato balls..
Add salt and cornstarch; beat at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Fish Pudding is a community recipe submitted by CatPoet and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. Rinse the fish very carefully and remove the skin and bones. Cut into pieces and finely grind, along with with salt.