Palaveer sauce and fish. Palaver sauce is the famous West African spinach stew with melon seeds. Palaver sauce is a Ghanaian green leaf stew which often consists of a mixture of meat and dried fish, cooked in one pot along with lush green leafy vegetables such as taro leaves, spinach or amaranth leaves (callaloo). Palaver sauce or palava sauce or plasas is a type of stew widely eaten in West Africa, including Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Nigeria.
Palaver sauce is a favorite in many West African Cuisine- Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Cameroon and Nigeria. I remember the first time I tasted this soup it In this recipe, I used smoked fish, meat (you can sub with smoked turkey, chicken or ham hock) The only trouble with this soup is finding egusi. for. Typically, Palaver Sauce includes fresh beef, smoked pork or fish, and dark green leaves. You can have Palaveer sauce and fish using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Palaveer sauce and fish
- You need 2 lb of fish( cod, halibut).
- Prepare 44 oz of can crushed tomato.
- You need 1 cup of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 4 of red chile peppers.
- Prepare 1 of red palm oil or oil with 4 teaspoons of tumeric or paprika.
- You need 1 of season salt.
- You need 1 of old bay seasoning.
- You need 1 of ginger.
- Prepare 16 oz of thawed frozen spinach.
- You need 16 oz of thawed frozen greens.
In West Africa, these leaves might be "platto", "bologi," or bitter leaf. Palaver sauce has an interesting story behind how this dish is named as such. Learning from the South of Sahara cookbook, the word Palaver comes Everyone will gather around big pot and adding in their own ingredients in there. What are synonyms for palaver sauce? palaver sauce. noun.
Palaveer sauce and fish step by step
- Season fish with old bay seasoning and cut in quarters.
- Crush garlic cloves and chop onion.
- Heat oil in pot and add garlic and onions.
- Once onions are translucent add fish and cook for ten minutes.
- Add tomatoes, greens, and spinach and peppers to pot.
- Add all other seasons to pot and season to your taste.
- Cook for twenty minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once its done serve over rice or potatoes.
What is British rhyming slang for phone? fish and bone. Palaver sauce or palava sauce or plasas is a type of stew eaten in West Africa, including Ghana, Sierra Leone and Nigeria. Is added the fish dried or smoked, moistened and cut in chunks, the vegetables are sliced and incorporated into the cooking-pan, water is poured to help in the cooking. Fish sauce is a condiment that all chefs need in the kitchen. From the flavor to recipes, this is what you need to know about fish sauce.