Cajun fish. This is called blackening and it's classic Cajun cooking technique that is sensational to use for fish, chicken and even for steak. This spice blend is the traditional seasoning recipe for Cajun-style blackened fish. Apply this rub on fish and sear it in a hot pan.
I used talapia and it was awesome! Also, instead of dicing the Bell Peppers I sliced Cajun Fish. I was looing for a way to use up the excess tomato soup in the pantry (kids off to college). You can cook Cajun fish using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun fish
- It's 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It's 1 small of green pepper, diced (about 2/3 cup).
- You need 1/2 tsp of driednoregano leaves, crushed.
- It's 1 can of tomato soup.
- It's 1/3 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground red pepper.
- You need 1 lb of firm white fish fillets (cod, haddock, or halibut).
Cajun cuisine (French: Cuisine cadienne, [kɥizin kadʒæ̃n]), (Spanish: Cocina acadia) is a style of cooking named for the French-speaking Acadian people deported by the British from Acadia in. I call it Cajun Compromise because the spice level is the result of a compromise between my wife and I. It can be served with tartar sauce for the timid, or hot sauce for the not-so-timid. Cajun Fish Cakes. with spinach salad.
Cajun fish step by step
- In medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add green pepper and oregano and cook until tender-crisp, stirring often..
- Add soup, water, garlic powder, black pepper and red pepper. Heat to boil..
- Place fish in soup mixture. Reduce heat to liw. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with rice if desired..
The Best Cajun Baked Fish Recipes on Yummly Baked Fish Sticks, Creole-style Pork Stew, Cajun Fish With Tabasco Butter. Coated in badass bold spices. "This bold and seriously spicy rub fragrantly flavours the fish in my version of this classic Southern dish. Get your taste buds ready to go off like the fourth of july in your mouth!!" Sweepstakes. Basa fish fillets cooked in Cajun spice - simple delicious.