Tandoori Fish Pakora / Indian Style Deep Fish Fritters #starters.
You can cook Tandoori Fish Pakora / Indian Style Deep Fish Fritters #starters using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tandoori Fish Pakora / Indian Style Deep Fish Fritters #starters
- Prepare 250 g of Halibut/cod/basa fish fillets –, cut into bite size chunks.
- You need 2 of Dry red chilies- , crushed.
- Prepare 3 of Birds eye green chilies – , finely chopped.
- It's 2 tsp of Ginger-garlic paste –.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder-.
- It's 1 tsp of Red chilli powder –.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Tandoori masala –.
- Prepare Gram of flour – 4 tbsp.
- It's 2 tbsp of Rice flour/cornflour –.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Greek yoghurt –.
- It's 2 tsp of Lemon juice –.
- You need 1 of Orange food colour- drop (optional).
- You need as needed of Curry leaves- (optional).
- It's To taste of Salt-.
- Prepare as needed of Oil- for deep frying.
Tandoori Fish Pakora / Indian Style Deep Fish Fritters #starters step by step
- Clean, wash, and drain the fish pieces. Marinate the fish with turmeric powder, birds eye chilies, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, and salt. Leave it aside for 30 mins..
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. In another bowl, add the red chilli powder, crushed dry red chilies, tandoori masala powder, gram flour, rice flour, yogurt, and water as needed to make a smooth batter without any lumps..
- Dip each marinated fish piece into the prepared batter making sure the fish is well coated with the batter. Gently add the fish pieces into the hot oil..
- Cook in batches and do not overcrowd the pan. Fry on medium flame for 4-5 mins on each side. Each piece should be crisp and golden all over. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel..
- Repeat the process with the remaining fish pieces. After all the fish pieces and cooked, add a sprig of curry leaves into the hot oil and fry for a minute. Drain and garnish over the fried fish. Serve hot as an evening snack or an appetizer for your party and enjoy..