Fresh Strawberry Pie.
You can cook Fresh Strawberry Pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fresh Strawberry Pie
- It's 1-9 inch of pie crust. I make deep dish.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It's 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 3 Tablespoons of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Strawberry Jello gelatin powder * see notes *.
- It's of notes:.
- You need of You can use regular pie crust, make your own, deep or shallow.
- You need of This pie is sweet. If you prefer, use sugar free Jello gelatin.
- It's of For the deep dish i used almost 2 pints of berries.
- You need of It depends on size and how you slice them.
- You need of j.
Fresh Strawberry Pie instructions
- Pre bake your pie crust @350 until just lightly browned..
- Slice your strawberries as thick or thin as you like. Pat dry..
- Fill your pie crust with sliced berries as evenly as you can. I try to make come up side of crust..
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and Jello powder..
- Add the water and whisk to combine..
- On medium heat, bring to a boil. Stir constantly..
- When mixture comes to a full boil, remove from heat..
- Take your hot mixture and sit pan in a bowl of ice water to cool down. This will thicken quick..
- When mixture thickens but still pourable, pour carefully over berries filling nooks and crannies..
- Lightly tap on counter to eliminate air bubbles..
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours before serving. I like to wait overnight..
- Serve with whipped cream or plain :).