No Bake Strawberry Mousse Pie.
You can cook No Bake Strawberry Mousse Pie using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No Bake Strawberry Mousse Pie
- Prepare 1 of ready made 9" Oreo cookie crust (or graham cracker crust).
- You need 1 (3 oz) of package strawberry flavored gelatin.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold water.
- Prepare 2 cups of strawberries, hulled and sliced (measured after slicing).
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3 tbs of powdered sugar.
No Bake Strawberry Mousse Pie instructions
- Place water in a small sauce pan. Sprinkle gelatin over water. Let stand 1 minute. Turn heat to medium-low. Stir gelatin into water. Stir in sugar. Continue stirring over heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Remove from heat..
- Place berries and gelatin mixture in blender. Puree until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1-2 hours. Test that mixture is set: Scoop out one spoonful, if it stays "mounded" on the spoon it is ready (mine took about 1.5 hrs)..
- Whip heavy cream and powdered sugar in a chilled bowl until slightly firmer than soft peaks form (I use my stand mixer with the wisk attachment)..
- Gently stir 1/4 of the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture to lighten up. Then carefully add all of strawberry mixture to remaining whipped cream, and gently fold in until fully incorporated..
- Slowly pour into pie crust, gently spread out evenly. Cover by inverting the plastic that comes with the pie crust and placing that on top. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving..
- Note: You can make a homemade graham cracker crust with 1 1/2 cups fine graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, and 4 tbs melted unsalted butter. Mix all together until all crumbs are moistened and press into a 8-9 inch pie plate (bottoms and up the sides). Chill at least 1 hour before filling..