Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie.
You can cook Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie
- Prepare of crust.
- Prepare of Non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- You need 6 Tbl (3/4 stick) of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 oz of semisweet chocolate, chopped.
- It's 7 oz of chocolate wafer cookies (about 30 cookies).
- You need 1 pint of strawberries, trimmed and halfed.
- It's of filling.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 2 Tbl of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 6 of lg egg yolks.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 6 oz of semisweet chocolate, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 Tbl of bourbon.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
Chocolate Strawberry Oasis Pie instructions
- Lightly spray 9” Pie dish with nonstick spray. Prepare crust:.
- Place the butter and chopped chocolate in microwave safe bowl, heat on high for 30 seconds or until just melted. Stir until smooth..
- Finely grind cookies in food processor. Add chocolate mixture and process until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press into Pie dish and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes..
- Arrange strawberry halves in a single layer on top of crust..
- Prepare filling:.
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, spices, and salt in medium heavy saucepan to combine. Whisk in egg yolks to form thick paste..
- Whisk in milk, then whisk over medium-high heat until mixture thickens and boils for 1 minute. Remove from heat..
- Add chocolate and whisk until smooth. Whisk in bourbon and vanilla. Cool 5 minutes, whisking occasionally..
- Pour filling over strawberries in crust until level with top of crust..
- Chill until set, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Top with fresh whipped cream and more strawberries, if desired..