Strawberry rhubarb custard pie. Learn how to cook a Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie Recipe! I hope you enjoy this Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie recipe! What does strawberry rhubarb pie taste like?
This delicious Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Dessert is a spectacular summer dessert recipe that is so easy to make. Simply prepare a store bought sugar I parted from our traditional rhubarb custard pie recipe just a tad and added in some fresh strawberries. It adds a little more sweetness for a twist on. You can have Strawberry rhubarb custard pie using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry rhubarb custard pie
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- It's 1/4 t of nutmeg (optional).
- Prepare dash of salt.
- It's 3 of beaten eggs.
- Prepare 3 cup of rhubarb 1 " pieces.
- Prepare 1 cup of cut strawberries.
Sweet strawberries, tart rhubarb, and creamy. Your new favorite springtime dessert, this easy pie is perfect for a picnic! Sweet strawberries, tart rhubarb, and creamy custard pair perfectly in this delicious pie; all in a basic pie crust. It's a vegetable root, but it's sweet.
Strawberry rhubarb custard pie step by step
- Prepare 9" pie crust while pie filling juices. Fill crust with mixture and dot with 2 tbsp butter. Adjust lattice top; seal..
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Lower temp to 350° for 30 to 40 minutes. Done when fork comes out clean 1" from center..
- Pie crust: 2c flour, 1/2 t salt, 3/4c cold Crisco shortening, 5 to 8T ice cold water. Add water until dough holds together. Cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1/2 hour to 2 days. Roll out 2 crusts for 9" pie tin..
When you bake it with sweet sugar, fresh strawberries, and creamy custard, you'll find the flavors to be an exactly perfect mix of sweet and tangy. Follow this recipe if you don't know what to do. It's a vegetable root, but it's sweet. When you bake it with sweet sugar, fresh strawberries, and creamy custard, you'll find the flavors to be an exactly perfect mix of sweet and tangy. Bake Grandma's Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie recipe from Food Network.