Strawberry Custard Pie. These pies were a spring special at a restaurant where I used to work. Whoever was the cook that day had to bake them first thing in the morning and again in the afternoon. Learn how to cook a Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie Recipe!
Vegan Pear Custard Pie with Oil-based Pie CrustVeganlovlie. Strawberry Custard Pie Recipe Strawberry Pie Strawberry Recipes Potluck Desserts Just Desserts Delicious Desserts Dessert Recipes Taste Of Home Cheesecakes..freshly picked strawberries into a luscious strawberry cream pie, complete with a creamy custard filling. and the custard needs time to set in the refrigerator before topping with the strawberries. How to store rhubarb custard pie. You can cook Strawberry Custard Pie using 14 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Custard Pie
- You need 9 of " Prebaked pie crust.
- It's of Custard.
- You need 3 cups of whole milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- It's 3 of slightly beaten extra large egg yolks.
- It's 4 tbsp of butter.
- It's 4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 1 quart of strawberries.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of water.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cornstarch.
Mix topping ingredients with a fork, and sprinkle over uncooked pie. Love their color, texture, fresh taste. This pie, filled with lemon custard and fresh strawberries, is gonna make your skirt fly up! Sweet strawberries, tart rhubarb, and creamy custard pair perfectly in this delicious pie!
Strawberry Custard Pie step by step
- Scald the milk on the stove top to almost boiling..
- In a saucepan combine the flour, sugar and salt. Over medium low flame slowly add 1 cup of the scalded milk, whisking constantly..
- As you notice the filling beginning to thicken, add another cup of the scalded milk continuing to stir constantly until it begins to thicken again..
- Add the final cup of scalded milk, stirring constantly. Continue to cook over medium low heat until mixture begins to slightly thicken..
- At this point remove from heat and pour about a half cup of this mixture onto the beaten egg yolks, whisking constantly..
- Pour the egg mixture immediately back into the pot, continuing to constantly stir..
- Cook until the filling reaches pudding consistency and remove from heat..
- Stir in the butter and vanilla extract..
- Cool in an ice bath to 80 degrees, stirring occasionally, before pouring into the baked pie shell. Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight..
- Strawberry Glaze - Wash strawberries; hull..
- Place 3 cups of strawberries on top of pie.
- Simmer remaining 1 cup of berries (crushed or purreed), 2/3 cup sugar, and 1 cup of the water 15 minutes..
- Mix remaining water with cornstarch; add to cooked berry mixture..
- Cook until thick, stirring constantly; cool..
- Drizzle/spoon berry mixture over the whole strawberries and custard; chill for at least 3 hours..
Custard pies should be removed from the oven before the center is completely set. It's a vegetable root, but it's sweet. When you bake it with sweet sugar, fresh strawberries, and creamy custard, you'll find the. A Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie Worth Brawling Over. Because I grew up listening to baseball on the radio, whenever I heard the word "rhubarb," I wouldn't think of something edible and delicious like.