strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie). Great recipe for strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie). this a fresh light and airy pie that contains no flour. Pan Dulce~Favorite Mexican Bakery Treats - La Piña en la Cocina. Today's blog post is dedicated to Pan Dulce, Mexican sweet breads and cookies.
Believed to have originated in Monterrey in Mexico's north-east, mostachon is a traditional meringue cake, which typically includes crushed plain biscuits and walnuts in the meringue to create an extra crisp base. The topping is dependent on whatever fruit is in season. Using an offset spatula, spread the frosting all over the cake. You can have strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie) using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie)
- You need of base.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It's 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It's 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of cream of tartar.
- You need 2 cup of crushed ritz crackers.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 4 large of egg whites.
- Prepare of topping.
- It's 1 packages of cream cheese.
- You need 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 cup of chopped strawberries.
Garnish with the strawberries and serve. Great recipe for strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie). this a fresh light and airy pie that contains no flour. Strawberry Meringue Cake (Mostachon) Have made this several times and it always a hit and very easy to make. Mostachon Strawberry Meringue Cake (Mostachon) Recipe : Marcela Valladolid : Food Network.
strawberry mostachon (mexican meringue pie) step by step
- preheat oven to 350°f.
- in a clean glass, or copper bowl whip eggwhites and cream of tartar with an electic mixer until soft peaks form.
- add baking powder and vanilla and continue beating for 30 seconds.
- and sugar a tablespoon at a time until the mixture forms stiff peaks (it should look white and glossy).
- stop beating with mixer and fold in crackers and pecans with a spatula being careful not to deflate the meringue mixture.
- pour into a greased 8 inch cake pan and bake for 30-45 minutes until the meringue is dry and golden brown.
- meanwhile meringue is in the oven prepare the topping.
- whip cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy add vanilla extract and whipping cream and continue beating until it has doubled in size.
- once meringue is out of the oven let cool for about 1 hour.
- place on a serving platter top with the whipped cream mixture and chopped strawberries and enjoy!.
- *Note: left overs should be stored in the refrigerator.
Dip Recipes, Mexican Food Recipes, Cake Recipes, Dessert Recipes, Cooking. Using an offset spatula, spread the frosting all over the cake. Garnish with the strawberries and serve. cooking spray egg sugar vanilla walnut cracker cheese cream Mexican Baked. The Strawberry Mostachon is a delicious dessert with cream cheese and strawberries that you do not need oven to prepare it. It should beat until there are no more lumps and the cream is firm.