Old Fashioned Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.
You can cook Old Fashioned Strawberry Rhubarb Pie using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Old Fashioned Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
- You need 2 1/2 cup of Rhubarb, peeled and cut in small chunks.
- You need 2 cup of Strawberries, hulled and sliced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 of Egg, beaten.
- It's 2 of 9in pie doughs.
Old Fashioned Strawberry Rhubarb Pie step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 425°.
- Line 9in pie plate with prepared pie dough and refrigerate..
- Mix together rhubarb and strawberries and sprinkle cornstarch over....
- Add sugar and egg and toss til coated..
- Pour mixture into pie dough and cover with other pie dough, crimp edges and piece top to vent, or cut strips and weave strips on top of pie..
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 mins. cover edges with foil to prevent burning, reduce heat to 325° F for 15 to 25 mins longer..
- Cool completely. Pie will be runny. Serve with ice cream..