Strawberry key lime pie. Enter: this crowd-pleasing Key lime slab pie recipe. Stunning enough to be the centerpiece at a brunch or bridal shower, this delicious summertime favorite captures all of the flavors of classic Key lime pie with the added surprise of pink strawberry-infused whipped cream topping. Key Lime Pie is a summer classic!
Key lime pie will forever be one of my favorite desserts. This controversial southern specialty has been winning over my tastebuds for years. Key lime pie is an American dessert pie made of Key lime juice, egg yolks, and sweetened condensed milk in a pie crust. You can have Strawberry key lime pie using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Strawberry key lime pie
- Prepare of Lime Cream cheese.
- You need of Lime curd.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cups of key lime juice.
- You need 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of key lime zest.
- Prepare of Creamcheese.
- Prepare 32 oz of cream cheese, room temperature.
- Prepare of Strawberry, quartered.
- Prepare 3 cups of strawberry.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Pie crust.
- It's 1 of Pie dough.
The traditional Conch version uses the egg whites to make a meringue topping. Fresh strawberries are packed with Key Lime Pie filling for the perfect Spring dessert! You will love how simple this is! Are you as excited about strawberry season as I am?
Strawberry key lime pie instructions
- In a large bowl, toss the strawberries with sugar. Put in the fridge for 1-3 hours..
- (LIME CURD) Beat the eggs with sugar and lime juice in a bowl. Pour water into a pot, then put the bowl above it, boil at 600 celsius. Constantly stir for 10 minutes until smooth. Be careful not to curdle the mixture. Next, add butter and lime zest, stirring until combined..
- (CREAM CHEESE) in a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, stirring until there are no lumps..
- Mix lime curd and cream cheese together until smooth, then set a side..
- Preheat the oven to 190 celsius (375 fahrenheit).
- Line a pie tin with pie dough..
- Empty cream cheese into the pie tin, then put strawberry mixture on top, evenly disturbing the mixture..
- Top the die with a full sheets of pie dough (or with stripped pie dough and weave a lattice design).
- Bake the pie until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden brown. Cover the edge of the pie with aluminum foil if it starts to darken..
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream..
I wanted a fun, Spring twist so I decided to try Key Lime Pie Stuffed Strawberries. Let me tell you, these did not disappoint! I love Key Lime Pies with just the right amount of sweetness & tartness. This one totally slams as a classic recipe you'll want to make over and over again! So the other day at our small group (a church group that meets weekly) we randomly got onto a discussion about a particular.