Rhubarb strawberry custard pie. Learn how to cook a Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie Recipe! What does strawberry rhubarb pie taste like? My mother used to make strawberry custard rhubarb pie and I would love to know how.
This buttery homemade crust and tangy-sweet filling is the ultimate taste of home. Rhubarb Custard Pie is a decadent dessert perfect for a sweet summer treat. A flaky pie crust is filled with rich custard and tart rhubarb for a classic pie. You can cook Rhubarb strawberry custard pie using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb strawberry custard pie
- Prepare 3 cups of rhubarb sliced.
- Prepare 1 c of strawberries sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 c of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 c of sugar.
- It's 1/4 t of salt.
- It's 3 of eggs beaten until frothy.
- You need 1/2 t of vanilla.
- You need of Crust for 2 layer pie:.
- Prepare 2 c of flour, 1 t salt, 3/4 c Crisco, 5-8 T cold water.
- You need of Refrigerate for 1/2 hr. Roll out.
This Rhubarb Custard Pie Recipe is inherited from my beloved Grandma Koch along with the Perfect Pie Crust it is baked in. Winning Rhubarb-Strawberry Pie Recipe photo by Taste of Home. In a large bowl, mix sugar and tapioca. Add rhubarb and strawberries; toss to coat evenly.
Rhubarb strawberry custard pie instructions
- In bowl combine sugar, flour & salt. Add rhubarb & strawberries, stir to coat. Spread in tin. Beat eggs & vanilla, pour over filling. Top with pastry.
- Bake at 425° - 15 min, 350° - 30 min until knife is clear 1 in from center..
- Let cool on rack..
Sweet strawberries, tart rhubarb, and creamy custard pair perfectly in this delicious pie! Custard pies should be removed from the oven Be sure to attach the meringue to the crust all around the edge of the pie. A Strawberry Rhubarb Custard Pie Worth Brawling Over. Because I grew up listening to baseball on the radio, whenever I heard the word "rhubarb," I wouldn't think of something edible and delicious like this amazing Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, I'd think of fights. Back in the early days of radio.