Strawberry Rhubarb Pie FUSF.
You can have Strawberry Rhubarb Pie FUSF using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie FUSF
- It's of Pie Crust.
- You need 2 of and 1/2 cups flour.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/4 tsp. salt.
- Prepare 6 of tblsp. cold butter cut into small pieces.
- It's 1/2 cup of ice water.
- You need of Pie Filling.
- You need 3 cups of rhubarb slice 1/2 inch thick.
- It's 2 of and 1/2 cups sliced strawberries, sliced thick.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It's 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1 of tblsp. lemon zest.
- You need 2 of tblsp. cold butter, cut into small pieces.
- It's 1/2 tsp. of vanilla.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of tblsp milk.
- It's 1 of tblsp sugar for top crust.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie FUSF step by step
- Place flour, salt, butter and lard in food processor. Pulse a few times and slowly add enough ice water until dough forms. Remove from processor bowl and pat out on a floured board. Cut into two pieces and wrap each in plastic wrap. Chill in frig for 2 hours..
- At one and a half hours, place rhubarb with brown and granulated sugar into a large bowl. Stir well and let sit while crust continues to chill..
- Preheat oven to 400. Roll out pie crust for bottom of pie. In bowl with rhubarb stir in strawberries, lemon zest, vanilla, salt and cornstarch..
- Pour fruit into pie crust, dot with better cubes and top with lattice or regular crust..
- Beat egg with milk and brush on top of pie. Top with extra sugar. Bake on baking sheet for 20 minutes..
- Turn heat down to 350 and now bake for additional 25 minutes..
- Let pie cool for at least 2 hours..