You can have Rhubarb-Strawberry Pie using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb-Strawberry Pie
- It's 2 lb of rhubarb, cut into 1-inch Pieces (about 7 cups).
- You need 1/2 lb of strawberries, sliced (about 1 1/2cups).
- You need 1 cup of sugar, plus more for sprinkling.
- It's 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of finely grated orange zest.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It's 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 large of eggs.
- It's 2 of store-bought refrigerator rolled piecrusts.
Rhubarb-Strawberry Pie instructions
- Heat oven to 375*F. In a large bowl, toss the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, flour, orange zest, cinnamon, and salt. Lightly beat one of the eggs, add to the fruit, and toss to combine..
- Fit one of the pie rusts into a 9-inch pie plate. Fill with the fruit mixture, pressing it in firmly. Lay the second crust on top and press the edges of the crusts together to seal..
- Trim the crust to a 1-inch overhang, fold the overhang underneath itself, and crimp. In a small bowl, beat the remaining egg with 1 teaspoon of water and brush over the crust. Sprinkle with sugar and cut vents in the top..
- Place the pie on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until the fruit mixture is bubbling and the crust is golden brown, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Let cool for at least 2 hours before serving..