You can have Strawberry Pie using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry Pie
- It's 1 each of 9" pie crust.
- It's 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- It's 1 quart of fresh strawberries.
Strawberry Pie step by step
- Bake pie crust at 350°F for 7 - 10 minutes or until nicely brown..
- Save a few of the nicest berries for the top of the pie..
- Arrange 1/2 of the strawberries in the baked shell. Arrange the berries like you would like the pie to look when it is done..
- Use a potato masher and mash the remaining berries in a sauce pan..
- Combine all the sugar in the sauce pan.
- Place saucepan over medium heat and bring to boil, continue to stir..
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and water..
- Gradually stir the cornstarch into the strawberry mixture..
- Reduce heat and simmer until thickened. stir continually..
- Pour over berries in pie shell. Note: Don't stack crushed berries higher than whole berries..
- Arrange nice whole berries on top..
- Chill for two hours..