Chocolate-lined Strawberry Pie. Knowing how to make chocolate ganache requires understanding just two things: proportion and temperature. Every time I take this strawberry pie to a family dinner, church event or anything else, it disappears quickly. I've even started taking the recipe with me because I'm always asked for it.
This sexy slab pie is packed with chocolates and strawberries. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, perforate one pie crust (this is the top layer of the pie). Chocolate dipped strawberries are an elegant decoration for a layer cake, a beautiful addition to a dessert tray or a lovely centerpiece for a special occasion. You can have Chocolate-lined Strawberry Pie using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate-lined Strawberry Pie
- It's 1 of Fully baked pastry shell.
- You need 1/3 cup of Semisweet chocolate pieces or chopped semisweet chocolate.
- It's 1 tbsp of Margarine or butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Whipping cream.
- You need 1 tsp of Light corn syrup.
- It's 8 cup of Medium strawberries, stems removed.
- It's 2/3 cup of Water.
- You need 2/3 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
Dip lower half of each strawberry into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip back into saucepan. Place on waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Chocolate Covered Strawberries are an easy, delicious treat to make as an edible gift or dressed up dessert at home. Chocolate is a "dry liquid," made up of cocoa butter (fat) and dry particles of cocoa powder and sugar.
Chocolate-lined Strawberry Pie step by step
- Prepare and bake pastry shell as directed; set aside to cool..
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan melt chocolate pieces and butter over low heat; set aside..
- In a heavy saucepan stir together whipping cream and corn syrup. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and cook 2 minutes..
- Remove from heat; gradually stir into chocolate mixture..
- Cool to room temperature. Spread cooled chocolate mixture over the bottom and up the sides of baked pastry shell; set aside..
- In a blender container or food processor bowl combine 1 cup of the strawberries and the water. Cover and blend or process till smooth. Add enough additional water to equal 1 1/2 cups liquid..
- In a medium saucepsn combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pureed berry mixture..
- Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Cool for 10 minutes without stirring..
- Arrange half of the remaining strawberries, stem end down, in pastry shell. Carefully spoon half of the thickened mixture over fruit, throughly covering each piece of fruit. Arrange remaining strawberries over first layer. Spoon remaining thickened mixture over fruit, covering each piece of fruit. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving..
If you get water in that liquid, you give the dry particles something to stick to, and. Chocolate Strawberry Pie recipe: Try this Chocolate Strawberry Pie recipe, or contribute your own. Slice fresh strawberries in the bottom. Cover with Chocolate pudding and let it set until cool. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Pie from Delish.com is a super easy dessert to make for your next gathering.