Dutch baby pancake. A Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, a Bismarck, or a Dutch puff, is a large American popover. A Dutch baby pancake is similar to a large Yorkshire pudding. Compared to a typical pancake, a Dutch baby is always baked in the oven.
Jenny Jones shows how to make a show-stopping, healthy, easy, low fat Dutch baby pancake. This Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is a great way to change up your weekend brunch menu. Just mix together the batter, pour it all into one pan, and bake. You can cook Dutch baby pancake using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dutch baby pancake
- Prepare 50 g of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It's 15 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 130 ml of Milk.
- It's 1/8 tsp of Salt.
- You need 25 g of Butter.
A Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, a Bismarck, or a Dutch puff, is an American baked pancake that can be served for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dessert. This Dutch Baby Pancake is large, fluffy and makes for a fantastic breakfast, brunch, lunch or dessert, any time of year. Whether you call it an oven pancake, a Dutch baby, or a Hootin Annie, this buttery breakfast (or dessert) pastry deserves a spot at your Saturday morning breakfast table. Dutch Baby Pancake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Dutch baby pancake step by step
- Preheat an iron pan in the oven at 210 degree Celsius.
- Beat the eggs, add in sugar, milk, salt and sift flour into a container, whisk all using an electric whisk for 2 minutes until the batter is smooth without lumps.
- Bring out the pan from the oven. Add butter and swirl the pan to melt the butter and coat the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Pour the batter into the pan, tilt the pan if needed so that the batter runs evenly to all sides.
- Bake in oven until the Dutch baby is puffed, lightly browned across the top, and darker brown on the sides and edges, around 10-15 minutes..
- Top with your favorite fruits or jam. Dust with icing sugar and serve😋.
A Dutch baby pancake, also known as a German pancake, a Bismark or a Dutch puff, is a single large pancake that is baked in the oven and cut into wedges to serve. Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Made with a batter of flour, eggs, sugar, butter, milk, cooked in the oven. Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Remove pancake from oven, cut into wedges and serve at once topped with syrup, preserves, confectioners' sugar or cinnamon sugar.