Scallion pancake. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Transfer rolled out scallion pancake to a plate. How to shape ad create the layers of the scallion pancake.
Divide the dough into four portions (for four pancakes). Scallion pancakes might be one of our favorite appetizers ever. Crispy, flaky, and with the *slightest* bit of chew, it's easy to polish off a whole plate of them in minutes. You can cook Scallion pancake using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scallion pancake
- It's 200 gram of all purpose flour.
- It's 140 gram of boiled water.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Scallion.
- You need 8 gram of salt.
- It's 15 gram of Oil.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need of White pepper (optional).
And traditionally version instructions are listed in Chinese scallion pancake and a Shanghai style version in scallion pancakes. This is perfect for me because I need to serve for four family members currently. But you can use any pan. Chewy, flaky, and savory scallion pancakes are one of our very favorite Chinese restaurant treats.
Scallion pancake instructions
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt in the flour before putting boiled water in. Mix it with chopsticks (or spoon) until you can touch the dough by your hands.
- Knead the dough until the surface is slick. Cover it up with wet clothes for 20 mins.
- Roll the dough into a round(around 1 mm tall) sprinkle 8 grams of salt on the dough.
- Add oil on the top of the dough.
- Use the brush to spread out the oil.
- Sprinkle the scallions evenly. Add pepper.
- Roll the dough up gently.
- Close the edge on the side to prevent scallion from popping out.
- Hold the edge on both sides and twist them by different directions at the same time.
- Wind it into 2 circles on top of each others.
- Flat it into 5 cms thick. Cover it by wet cloth for 20 mins to 1 hr.
- Preheat the pan until you can feel the heat on top of it. Put the pancake in. Cook with medium fire..
- Flip it around when the bottom is golden brown(around 3-5 mins). Cover the cap to cook the other side until it golden brown.
- Add oil into the pan (around 20 grams) Pan- fry both side till it’s golden brown.
- Put it on paper napkin to absorb extra oil..
- Voilà ❤️.
This pan-fried bread has a lot in common with Indian parathas and other simple flatbreads, and if you follow a few simple steps, they are easy to make at home. Here are instructions on how to make addictively delicious Chinese scallion pancakes in your home kitchen! Chinese scallion pancakes are healthy, vegan, crispy and delicious! Place the scallion pancake on a platter and make another pancake with the remaining batter. Thinner scallion pancakes mean crispier scallion pancakes.