AMIEs FRIED ZUCCHINI FLOWERs. I know at this point you're probably getting a little tired of me talking about Salavatore. A big bowl of just picked blossoms from his garden. Since there were so many of them, I decided not to go through.
Hope you enjoy them as much as we do." Zucchini flowers are one such treat! I love them so much that this year I decided to plant zucchinis next to my herb garden just to harvest the flowers. Use only the flowers of the zucchini, removing any stem parts. You can have AMIEs FRIED ZUCCHINI FLOWERs using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of AMIEs FRIED ZUCCHINI FLOWERs
- You need 12 of pcs. zucchini flowers.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- You need 1 of vegetable oil, for deep-frying.
- Prepare of FILLING.
- Prepare 50 grams of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 50 grams of soft goat's cheese (optional).
- It's 1 tbsp of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 tbsp of finely chopped basil.
- It's 1/2 tsp of finely grated lemon zest.
- It's 1 of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Drain thoroughly and shake lightly in a wire basket to remove moisture. As Beppino always loved to show me, both the female and the male zucchini produce flowers and they are easy to distinguish. Fried zucchini flowers is a traditional antipasto in trattorias or family lunches, but it can easily be turned into the highlight of a brunch with friends. Fry them on the spot, leave them just one or two minutes in a dish lined with kitchen paper, than enjoy them standing, all around the dish.
AMIEs FRIED ZUCCHINI FLOWERs step by step
- Combine the ricotta, goat's cheese, parmesan, basil and lemon zest in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper..
- Gently open the zucchini flowers and spoon a heaped teaspoon of the mixture inside. Close to encase the filling..
- Combine the flour and water in a bowl, stirring to make a smooth batter..
- Half-fill a large, heavy-based saucepan with oil for deep-frying. Heat the oil to 180°C (350°F) or until a piece of bread browns in 15 seconds..
- Dip the flowers in batter and fry in batches, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes, until crisp and golden-brown..
- Remove using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Season with salt. Serves 4..
Zucchini flowers are a staple in my kitchen. There are many ways to cook zucchini flowers, but I liked them crumbed and fried. Zucchini flowers are a staple in my kitchen. I love them and buy them whenever I find them! The first time I made them for my husband he thought I was joking… Whether You Serve It As A Side Or An Appetizer, This Restaurant Style Fried Zucchini Is A Family Favorite.