Zucchini Fries w/ lemon aoili. Baked zucchini fries appetizer paired with a homemade honey mustard dipping sauce. This recipe makes crispy & crunchy sticks using panko Crispy Lemon Parmesan Zucchini Chips with Basil Aioli Recipe : Crispy zucchini chips crusted in panko breadcrumbs with parmesan and lemon zest that are. This Healthy Living zucchini 'fries' recipe can be enjoyed in under an hour.
Fry the zucchini until golden brown and delicious. Remove to a rack or a brown paper bag lined sheet tray, season them with salt and serve immediately with the basil mayonnaise. And no one would ever believe that these are baked! You can have Zucchini Fries w/ lemon aoili using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Fries w/ lemon aoili
- You need 2-3 of Zucchini.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of All purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 cups of evaporated milk.
- You need Pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper.
- It's 1/2 cup of mayo.
- You need 2 tsp of lemon juice.
- It's 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of coarse ground mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
For lemon mayonnaise, process lemon juice, rind and yolks in a food processor to combine. Zucchini fries and lemon Vegenaise — a match made in heaven. Basically, whatever you do — make this sauce! Cut zucchini into fries and set aside.
Zucchini Fries w/ lemon aoili step by step
- Cut zucchini into 3/8" fries leaving the rind on..
- Season flour with salt and pepper and place in a bowl. Place bread crumbs in separate bowl.
- Dip zucchini in milk, then flour batter, back to milk and finally into the dry bread crumb batter..
- Fry at 380 degrees for 5-7 minutes until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Aoili can be prepared ahead of time and stored in fridge for 2-3 weeks. Combine all remaining ingredients starting with mayo and down. Sauce is super easy to make and is good with a variety of vegetables, chicken and fish. Ranch can be substituted..
In a large bowl combine panko, parmesan, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper. A simple, classic preparation of zucchini that's packed with flavour and sings when topped with a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Transfer the zucchini to a shallow bowl. Squeeze over the juice of half a lemon. Combine the lemon zest, chilli and salt and sprinkle over the top then scatter with the mint.