Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream - atayef bi ashta. •Ashta cream is a clotted cream popular in the Middle East that is sometimes scented with orange blossom water. You can find it at select Middle Eastern grocers or substitute it by mixing ricotta cheese with a little thickened cream and optionally a drop of orange blossom water. Ashta is a clotted cream made from whole milk.
Atayef (Kataif), the ultimate Arabic pancake Ramadan Mubarak to all my wonderful readers who Either stuffed with cream or with… Atayef com pistache. Atayef (kataif or قطايف) are thin and lacy stuffed Arabic pancakes. What sets these pancakes apart is that they are cooked only on one side, the other side is velvety because it is covered with bubbles, this allows the flavors of the filling to permeate the atayef. You can cook Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream - atayef bi ashta using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream - atayef bi ashta
- It's of - For the batter:.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of warm water.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of dried yeast dissolved in 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- You need 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder.
- It's 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- It's 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- Prepare of - For the ashta cream: prepare ahead of time.
- It's 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of whipping cream.
- You need 6 slices of American-style white bread.
- Prepare 4 1/2 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ cup water.
- Prepare of - For the sugar syrup:.
- It's 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- It's 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- You need of Candied orange blossom (optional).
- It's 1/2 cup of raw ground pistachios.
- Prepare of For garnishing:.
They are very similar to pancakes, they're made with flour , semolina, yeast, milk, baking powder, salt. Atayef bil Ashta are Middle Eastern pancakes filled with fragrant, rose and orange blossom-infused custard. Chopped pistachios and sweet syrup finish these beauties, which are perfect treats Atayef 'assafiri - syrian pancakes stuffed with marscapone cheese, pistachios and orange water syrup. As soon as all the Atayef are cooked, fill them with some ashta (cream) a bit of cherry coulis, pinching on one end to form a spoon shape and place in a serving platter; serve right away or refrigerate for a few hours.
Pancakes stuffed with ashta cream - atayef bi ashta instructions
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- To prepare the batter: mix all the ingredients together. Leave to rest for 3 hr at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator..
- To prepare the atayef pancakes: delicately pour 1 large serving spoon of batter on a slightly greased pan. You should have an 8 cm diameter pancake. Cook on one side only. Bubbles will form on the surface of the dough. The pancakes are ready to be removed when the bubbles burst and the bottom of the pancake is slightly brown. The pancakes should be firm enough to be filled but they shouldn't be fully cooked. Repeat with the rest of the batter..
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once d.
- Fill each pancake with 1 to 2 tablespoons of ashta cream, close it from one side and keep it open from the other..
- Garnish with ground pistachios or candied orange blossoms. Add sugar syrup to taste while serving..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Ashta cream' under my profile..
A gloriously creamy and moist semolina cake, stuffed with luscious cream drizzled with syrup then Atayef are Middle Eastern pancakes filled with cheese or nuts then soaked in a rose sugary syrup. Ramadan's most iconic treat of the Middle East! Made from yeasted pancakes stuffed with nuts. Atayef are Middle Eastern pancakes filled with cheese or nuts then soaked in a rose sugary syrup. They're basically the Middle Eastern version of pancakes, and they're stuffed with lots of tasty The giant atayef are stuffed with cream and are not folded, it's just cover with another piece of atayef.