Oven Fried Fish and Grits. The other day, my husband was asking for fish and chips but with my high cholesterol, I have to avoid things like that. I found in a magazine at the doctor's office this recipe for oven fried fish, which is nice and crispy like the deep fried kind but without all the fat. This is excellent served with evelyn/athens'.
These oven-fried fish fillets are an excellent alternative to deep-fried fish. A combination of seasoned bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and panko. Oven-fried Chicken Sandwiches With Beer-picked Jalapeños and Spicy Honey MustardCooking and Beer. You can have Oven Fried Fish and Grits using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oven Fried Fish and Grits
- Prepare 1 of Cod Filet.
- It's 1 of Serving of quick cook grits.
- You need 1 of Zucchini Chopped into bite size pieces.
- Prepare A few of grape or cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It's 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Flour (you can omit this if you like).
- It's of olive oil.
- It's of nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning.
- It's 1 Tbsp of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of butter.
- You need To Taste of Salt & Pepper.
Creole Oven Fried Chicken ThighsBest of Long Island and Central Florida. This Crispy Oven Fried Fish gets super crunchy and will be a new favorite for kids and adults alike. The trick to getting batter to stick to fish for oven frying is pretty simple. It's all about dipping the fillet pieces in the right ingredients in the right order Grits two ways: as a classic cheesy porridge and a crust for fried fish.
Oven Fried Fish and Grits instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray..
- Mix the egg and milk together and place your cod filet in it to soak while you prepare everything else (no longer than 15 minutes.).
- Place vegetables in a foil boat with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper. Then fold the foil tightly..
- Mix together flour, panko bread crumbs, and Cajun seasoning. take the cod out of the milk and egg and dredge in dry mixture. Then dunk back into the milk and eggs and again into the dry. Lay filet on baking sheet and spray with cooking spray..
- Place the vegetable pack on the same pan with the fish. Cook on the middle rack of oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes (or until fish is crispy and cooked through.).
- While your fish and veggies cook in the oven prepare the grits per packaged instructions. When they are almost done add the cream and butter and whisk well until smooth and creamy. Salt and pepper to taste..
- When fish is done remove from oven. Carefully open the foil pack. With a fork gentle burst the tomatoes (if not already.) This is what makes the sauce..
- Spoon your grits into a bowl. Top with some veggies and sauce. Then Place your Crispy fish on top..
Carefully add fish and fry, turning occasionally, until golden. This Oven Fried Fish Recipe is the perfect lightened up version of a fish fry! Baked fish that has been breaded and paired with a delicious, spicy Chipotle Horseradish Sauce! Oven Fried Fish is a healthy way to enjoy crispy, crunchy, baked fish without the extra calories. This naturally gluten free fish recipe is on the table Oven Fried Fish is healthier than traditional fried fish recipes because it's not cooked in oil.