Small bean jam pancakes (steamed buns). When I make "Manjyu (Japanese traditional sweet)", I prefer a dough from rice flour and Yam potato to one from plain flour. Take a look at this cute baby chick. It might be difficult to eat it.
Butter, dark brown sugar, dry yeast, flour, milk, red beans, rice syrup, salt, vanilla extract, white sugar. Pillow soft steamed red bean buns(豆沙包) is one of the most popular Chinese dessert. Those lovely and soft steamed buns are so great for breakfast. You can cook Small bean jam pancakes (steamed buns) using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Small bean jam pancakes (steamed buns)
- You need 40 g of Plain flour.
- It's 2 g of Baking Powder.
- You need 30 g of Sugar.
- You need 60 g of Yoghurt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of honey.
- It's 120 g of Red bean Paste (Bean jam).
- Prepare of Matcha powder and Food coloring (Red) for colorizing.
Line your steamer and place the buns one by one, with space among each other. Red Bean Steamed Buns - soft, fluffy and pillowy steamed buns filled with red beans. The buns are so good you will want them every day with coffee!! There are many different kinds of bao or steamed buns, but one of my absolute favorite is Tau Sar Bao (豆沙包).
Small bean jam pancakes (steamed buns) step by step
- Ingredients for 8 pieces..
- Put 60g yoghurt into a bowl. Add 30g sugar. Add 1/2 tsp honey. Mix them well..
- ①Mix 40g plain flour and 2g baking powder. ②Mix them well. ③Add it into the mixture No.2. ④Separate it into 2 equal..
- Put Matcha power into the one half for colorizing. Put the red food coloring into another half for colorizing..
- Put the lower part of a steamer on the heat to boil the water. Leave the upper part off the heat. Ray a parchment sheet in it..
- Put the pink dough on the parchment sheet with a spoon, make 8 circles. (After dropping the dough, fix each shape to be circle with a back of spoon.) Put the green dough with the same way. Set it on the lower part of the steamer and steam 7 minutes..
- Cool them with covering cotton cloth..
- Make 8 red beam jam balls. Take buns off the sheet. Squash a red bean jam ball and put it between 2 circle buns..
When I was little, my aunt used to. Check out the sticker the steamed bun of bean jam man made by m&t. An easy & quick way to make Mantou, Chinese steamed buns. My detailed instructions and tutorial video will help you to succeed. Mántóu (馒头), also known as Mó (馍), refers to plain steamed buns which originated from China.