Coconut Pancakes with Coconut Maple Syrup (Small Batch).
You can cook Coconut Pancakes with Coconut Maple Syrup (Small Batch) using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Coconut Pancakes with Coconut Maple Syrup (Small Batch)
- It's of For the batter:.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk (shake the can well before opening to incorporate the fat and cream solids with the liquid).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract.
- It's 1 teaspoon of distilled white vinegar (to tenderize the flour).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of All Purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- It's 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of butter, melted.
- It's of For the syrup:.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of coconut milk.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup.
- It's 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of coconut extract.
- It's 1 of good pinch of salt.
Coconut Pancakes with Coconut Maple Syrup (Small Batch) instructions
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg, whipping cream, coconut milk, vanilla extract, vinegar, and sugar for batter and whisk thoroughly until it has a soft pastel yellow color to it..
- Then add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and 2 Tablespoons melted butter and whisk or stir again just to combine thoroughly, and until you have a fairly smooth batter..
- While the batter is resting, make your syrup. Combine all syrup ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat until all the butter and sugar are melted. (Or you can microwave it, first for about 20 seconds, then stir, and then another 10 seconds.) Keep your syrup warm on the lowest possible stove setting, or just zap it for about 15 seconds right before you drizzle it over your pancakes..
- Griddle your pancakes on a lightly buttered griddle/non-stick pan/cast iron pan/whatever you griddle your pancakes on, preheated to medium, using about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, flipping when you begin to see little bubbles appear all over the pancake. That usually takes about 3 minutes on the first side, and only about 30 to 45 seconds on the second side to finish..
- Since this is a small batch of pancakes, you probably won't have to adjust your heat, but if you're making a large batch, you do want to manage the heat, adjusting it down just a bit if you find that your pancakes are starting to brown too much before it's time to flip..
- Drizzle some of that sweet-salty-nutty-buttery Coconut Maple Syrup over your Coconut Pancakes, close your eyes for a moment so you can inhale that warm sunny feeling of coconuts on a cold winter's morning, then open 'em back up again and ENJOY. :).