Buttermilk Pancakes. Fresh buttermilk is the secret ingredient for light and fluffy cakes in this buttermilk pancake recipe. Buttermilk Pancakes are deliciously buttery and fluffy with golden, crisp edges and an irresistible buttermilk flavour. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, gently incorporating with a spatula.
One of the BEST buttermilk pancake recipes I have found. How To Make Buttermilk Pancakes From Scratch. To make this buttermilk pancake recipe, you'll start out by heating a skillet or griddle to medium heat. You can cook Buttermilk Pancakes using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Pancakes
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of buttermilk.
- You need 2 of each egg -- lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1 ounce of butter -- melted.
- You need as needed of pan spray.
Then, you'll whisk together your dry ingredients. Classic Buttermilk Pancakes -- made completely from scratch! They're soft and fluffy, buttery, moist and tender and just perfectly flavorful. This is homestyle comfort food everyone will love any day of the year, and any time of day!
Buttermilk Pancakes step by step
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter..
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Stir with a wire whisk to combine. (The batter will be slightly lumpy.).
- Spray the griddle or skillet lightly with the pan spray; the griddle or pan should be moderately hot. Drop a spoonful of batter to test if it is ready and adjust heat as needed..
- Drop the batter onto the griddle, using a two ounce ladle, leaving about one inch of space between pancakes..
- Cook the pancakes until the bottom is brown, the edges begin to dry, and bubbles begin to break the surface of the batter Turn the pancakes and cook them until the second side is brown. Repeat, using the remaining batter..
Add the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla and mix well. One day when I saw my friend Suzanne's Buttermilk Pancakes on her blog You Made That?, I finally decided it's time to make them and. Thick, fluffy pancakes served the American way with glazed bacon and maple syrup. Serve the pancakes with butter and maple syrup. Inspired by: Lofty Buttermilk Pancakes on The Kitchn.