Sourdough Kamut pancake with butter almond milk syrup.
You can have Sourdough Kamut pancake with butter almond milk syrup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Kamut pancake with butter almond milk syrup
- You need 1 cup of sourdough starter.
- You need 1 cup of organic freshly milled Kamut flour.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of turbinado sugar.
- You need 1 of smidgen of sea salt.
- You need of ~1/2 cup almond milk (adjust more or less to your desired pancake consistence).
- You need 1 tsp of Rumfords baking powder.
Sourdough Kamut pancake with butter almond milk syrup instructions
- Mix all wet ingredients with all dry ingredients in a large cup. allow the mixture to ferment 8 hours to overnight.
- Right before making pancake, in a separate cup, add 1/2 tsp of Rumfords baking powder to every 6 oz of sourdough pancake batter. In this way, you can cook as little as one serving (2 small pancakes). Rest of the batter can be refrigerated and cook in another time..
- Heat a cast iron pan or skillet on stove at high heat. Melt about 1/2 Tsp of butter before pouring in about 3 oz of batter into the hot pan. Turn down the heat to medium and cook for about 30 seconds or longer until you see your pancake doubled in height. Add fresh or dried berries as you wish.
- Using a metal spatula, flip your pancake over and cook the other side for another 15 seconds..
- For making the butter almond milk syrup per serving, add 1 Tsp of butter in the same hot pan. Immediately pour in 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1 tsp of sugar or more as you desire. Cook until bubbling and liquid reduce to half. Finally drop in a dash of baking soda before the syrup rise up in huge bubbles. Quickly drizzle them on your hot pancakes and serve right away.