Small Batch Yogurt "Buttermilk" Pancakes.
You can have Small Batch Yogurt "Buttermilk" Pancakes using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Small Batch Yogurt "Buttermilk" Pancakes
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of + 1 Tablespoon whole milk (or you can use 1/2 cup whole milk in lieu of whipping cream + milk).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of yogurt (or 3 Tablespoons sour cream).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It's 1/3 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of butter, melted.
Small Batch Yogurt "Buttermilk" Pancakes instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg, whipping cream, milk, vanilla extract, yogurt, and sugar and whisk thoroughly until it has a soft pastel yellow color to it..
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder baking soda, and melted butter, and whisk again until the batter is just short of smooth and no more. Let batter rest for about 10 minutes before cooking..
- On a well buttered griddle, well seasoned cast iron pan, or nonstick pan brought up to medium heat, pour the batter in 1/4 cupfuls and let the pancakes cook for about 3 minutes (or until most of the surface of the pancake forms bubbles) before flipping and letting them cook another 30 seconds or so. (It doesn't take long once you flip because you can't even flip a pancake without breaking it until it's almost cooked through.).
- Enjoy with your favorite syrup, or sprinkled with a little powdered sugar, or however you like your pancakes! :).