Stuffed Round Zucchini. We buy most of our fruits and vegetables at our favorite little fruit stand on rue des Stuffed Round Zucchini Recipe. The Best Stuffed Round Zucchini Recipes on Yummly Stuffed Round Zucchini, Zucchinis Stuffed With Mushrooms, Spring Garlic, And Cheddar Cheese, Keto Garlic Butter Roast Beef.
Stuffed Round Zucchini with Tomato, Fennel and Chili Pepper. Stuffed round zucchini. a real treat! This is a delicious recipe with eggplant, tomato, zucchini, fennel and chili pepper. You can cook Stuffed Round Zucchini using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Round Zucchini
- It's 2 of small red onions, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of small red bell peppers, finely chopped.
- Prepare 6-8 of small round zucchini.
- It's 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 10.5 oz of button mushrooms, diced.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, diced.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 teaspoons of marjoram.
- It's of I teaspoon thyme.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of cooked lentils.
- It's of O.5 cup tomato sauce.
- It's 1 teaspoon of salt, plus more to sprinkle inside the zucchini.
- You need A few of grinds of black pepper.
This delicious stuffed zucchini recipe can be served as either a side dish or a main dish. This easy recipe for stuffed round zucchini lets you enjoy the cuteness just a little bit longer. They taste pretty much the same as their cucumber-shaped siblings, but small, round, green zucchini are. When I bought these zucchinis in the market, I knew I had to cook them stuffed, with what, I still didn't know.
Stuffed Round Zucchini step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)..
- Cut the tops off the zucchini and carefully scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Chop..
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add the chopped onion, bell peppers, garlic and a splash of water (or oil if you prefer). Once soft add the mushrooms and fry until browned. Add the carrot and chopped zucchini flesh. Cook until the carrot is tender and the liquid has evaporated..
- Add the paprika and herbs and sautee for a few seconds to release the flavors. Add the cooked lentils, tomato sauce, salt and pepper and cook for a couple more minutes to allow the flavors to combine..
- Sprinkle the insides of the zucchini with a bit of salt and pepper and stuff with the filling..
- Place them in a baking dish and put their tops back on..
- Bake for 45–60 minutes or until they can be easily pierced with a knife. Check on them from time to time and if the tops start burning, either take them out or cover them with tin foil..
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before serving..
- Note: remember the quantity for the lentils (1.5 cups) is for COOKED lentils 😀.
At home, I browsed at the internet for a good recipe that can guide me on what to put inside. Tip: Try round zucchini for more results. Prepare stuffing mix per package directions with butter and water or chicken broth. These tuna-stuffed round zucchini are a flavourful Tuscany dish, this is how grandma makes them in Summer. In this recipe, the humble zucchini act as vessels for a special stuffing of spiced rice and ground beef with tomatoes and fresh herbs.