Courgettes and peas bake. Use a teaspoon to scoop the seeds from the middle of each. This recipe was sent in by Rayna Parashkevova from Bulgaria. Add the peas, salt, black pepper and the dill and mix together.
This silky roasted courgette soup is packed with flavour, from slow-cooked courgette blitzed with peas and basil, and finished with ciabatta croutons. Roasting the courgettes and leeks brings out their sweetness, and the star of the show is actually the roasted garlic cloves which mellow in the oven so. Spiralize courgettes for a nutritious alternative to add to fragrant soups, vegetarian ricotta tarts and fresh summer rolls. You can cook Courgettes and peas bake using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Courgettes and peas bake
- You need 4 of courgettes.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Prepare 200 g of short pasta.
- Prepare 50 g of breadcumbs.
- Prepare 8-10 of cherry tomatoes.
- Prepare half of tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2-3 of bay leaves.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of salt and pepper.
We love courgette spaghetti, so we've created some easy courgetti recipes to enjoy this healthy food trend. The gnocchi and courgettes cook fast, leaving you plenty of time to pod your peas and beans. Delicately spiced courgette and pea cakes. Try Jamie Oliver's speedy pasta recipe with courgette, lemon and peas for an easy family dinner idea.
Courgettes and peas bake instructions
- Add a pinch of salt to one tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick pan. Chop the onions finely and shallow fry them for five minutes or so until golden..
- In the meantime, chop the courgettes. The smaller you chop them, the sooner they will become mushy - so it depends on your preference. These are 1-2 cm..
- Add the courgettes to the pan with the nutmeg, the bay leaves and a generous pinch of pepper. Stir and cover with a lid. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes..
- Once they have become soft and creamy, remove the lid but continue cooking so that the water evaporates..
- In the meantime, preheat the oven at 200 C. Cook the pasta with the peas. Leave the pasta a few minutes undercooked as it will finish cooking in the oven..
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half..
- Once cooked, mix the pasta and the peas in with the courgettes and remove from heat. Add salt to taste..
- Fill an oven dish with the pasta and courgettes, cover it with the breadcrumbs and lay the tomatoes on top. Drizzle generously with olive oil..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the breadcrumbs look crispy. (I burned the tomatoes a bit here)..
Find more healthy pasta recipes over at Tesco Real Food. Toss the drained pasta and peas into the courgette pan with a good splash of pasta water. Courgette or zucchini, whatever you call it, there are plenty of tasty recipes to get the vegetable into your diet. Cooking courgettes is easy, and there are so many ways to work with them whether you want to bake them with cheese, stuff them, or turn them into courgetti pasta. Try this Pea and Courgette Timables recipe, or contribute your own.