Potato cabbage pancakes. On this episode we are making Fermented Cabbage Potato Pancakes which are not much different from our typical Lithuanian Potato Pancakes. Vegetable pancakes with a sweet and comforting flavor These have a sweet, comforting They are quick to mix up, using either leftover mashed potatoes from your Thanksgiving dinner, or potatoes. Spicy Cabbage Potato Pancakes are crispy on the outside, and packed with tender potatoes, cabbage and a kick of heat on the inside.
For the red cabbage, rinse the cabbage thoroughly under cold running water. View top rated Potato pancakes and cabbage recipes with ratings and reviews. For the pancakes: Peel and grate the potatoes. You can have Potato cabbage pancakes using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato cabbage pancakes
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs (I actually used stale bread that was kickin around and grated it to crumbs).
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1 tbsp of herb seasoning mix.
- It's 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 1 of potato.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of finely chopped cabbage.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It's 3 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- It's of chili flakes.
- It's 1 of vegetable oil.
Arrange the cabbage and the potato pancakes on warmed plates with the sliced duck and serve drizzled with the roast juices. This is a traditional potato pancake recipe, and is a wonderful comfort food. Serve with applesauce and sour cream for a light dinner, or with roast chicken for a hearty winter meal. You can use more flour if.
Potato cabbage pancakes instructions
- Peel the potato and grate using a hand grater or food processor with a grater attachment. Immediately place in a colinder and squeeze the liquid out of it. Let rest a few minutes..
- In a mixing bowl, add bread crumbs, herbs, and the beaten eggs. Give the potato another squeeze and try to get as much liquid as you can out of it and then add to the bread crumb mixture. Mix with your hands to combine..
- Finely chop cabbage and onion and add to the potato mixture. Also add minced garlic, generously salt and pepper, thyme, and chili flakes. Mix with hands to combine. Mixture should be wet but still hold together when squeezed. Depending on if you put more potatoes and cabbage, you may need more bread crumbs or herbs and spices..
- Do a trial run to test them out. Heat a bit of vegetable oil on medium-low and spoon about a teaspoon sized pancake and brown on both sides. If it needs more chili pepper, salt or pepper, more bread crumbs, or anything else, add it now. I decided mine needed more chili flakes, thyme, and pepper..
- When they are to your liking, generously coat the saute pan with vegetable oil, turn up to medium, and spoon 1/4 cup sized pancakes into pan. Flatten a bit with a spatula, and cook about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown on each side. Don't crowd the pan - they won't cook right if you do. You'll have to babysit these.. They can overcook or undercook fairly easily..
- Remove pancakes when done cooking to a plate with a paper towel..
- These are fantastic on their own but a little sour cream, or hot sauce, or applesauce never hurts! Enjoy!.
- Note: measurements are approximate.. "give or take" depending on how much potato and cabbage you use and to your liking..
Savory Cabbage Pancakes are a fun and filling way to use up pantry leftovers. What Else Can You Add to Cabbage Pancakes? What attracted me to this dish is the extreme flexibility of ingredients. Okonomiyaki recipe : savory Japanese cabbage pancakes with bacon, served with homemade okonomiyaki sauce and Japanese mayonnaise. Easy potato pancakes are perfect for breakfast, lunch, or as a side.