Seared Chicken Breast w/ Shrimp and Scalloped Potato. This classic recipe for scalloped potatoes showcases the flavors of potatoes and onion baked in a creamy sauce. This is the way my mother always made her scalloped potatoes. The measurements are taken from other recipes because she always just winged it, but the method is the same.
Prosciutto wrapped chicken w scalloped potatoes, what a wonderful lunch, we so enjoyed it. I had trouble covering the rolled breast with the amount of proscuito that I had. I did use both sage and thyme, and the flavor was good. t must have. You can have Seared Chicken Breast w/ Shrimp and Scalloped Potato using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seared Chicken Breast w/ Shrimp and Scalloped Potato
- Prepare of Chicken Breast.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts 1/2lb ea.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme flakes.
- It's 2 tbsp of butter, unsalted.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of lime, zested.
- It's of Potatoes.
- It's 8 of small potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It's 1 tbsp of butter, unsalted.
- It's of Shrimp.
- Prepare 10 of frozen shrimp (thawed, peeled and deveined).
- You need 1 tbsp of Magic Seafood Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pepper.
- It's 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of butter unsalted.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It's 3 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's 1/4 cup of matchstick carrots.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green onion, chived.
- It's 1/8 cup of real bacon bits.
Delicious scalloped potatoes, thinly sliced potatoes baked with butter, bacon, onion, chives, parsley, Gruyere, Parmesan and cream. These are easy scalloped potatoes: basically you layer thinly sliced potatoes with any number of extras—cheese, onions, parsley—add milk or cream, and bake. Learn how to make Seared Scallops with a perfectly golden brown crust, just like at the restaurants! They're incredibly simple to make at home and much cheaper than dining out.
Seared Chicken Breast w/ Shrimp and Scalloped Potato instructions
- Cut tips of potatoes off and slice long ways octagonal until all the skin is off. Then cut in half. Use a peeler to bevel the tips. Place in cool water with salt. Set aside.
- Thaw the shrimp by placing under cook water in a strainer for 5-7min and slowly massing shrimp with hand under cook water..
- Pat down shrimp with paper towels to remove excess water. Place back in empty bowl and add pepper and seafood seasoning. Shake well to make sure it gets all over the shrimp..
- Get the chicken breasts to room temp (about 1/2 hr) and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides with salt and pepper and thyme flakes. In a skillet heat pan and butter to medium high. Add olive oil and place breasts in pan. Don’t move. Let sear about 7 minutes. Flip and sear the other side about 5-7min..
- At the same time, in another skillet under medium high heat add butter until frothed. Add potatoes, and minced garlic. Let sear until browning and flip. Sear other side and baste with the juices until other side is nice and brown..
- Preheat oven to 350°. Once chicken and potatoes are ready, place both in the oven for roughly 15min or until the chicken breasts are 165° internal temp. Remove from oven and let rest (5-7min).
- Meanwhile, in another skillet with the stove still at medium high heat, toss in butter an olive oil and let froth. Add in shrimp and sauté it until it’s nice and colored. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside..
- In same skillet toss in chived green onion, carrots and bacon bits with the juices from the shrimp. Continue to sauté until done to likeness..
- Add in milk and sour cream and stir until well blended. Reduce heat and let thicken just slightly. (You can can more milk or sour cream if it gets to thick). Toss shrimp back in and let coat with sauces..
- Slice chicken breasts and place several prices on plate. Add the shrimp and sauce. Place scalloped potatoes around shrimp and sauce. (You can also use the sauce to dress over the potatoes). Zest with lime..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Scallops are on most nice restaurant menus these days, and for good reason. Pan-seared chicken is a skill with countless rewards. (If this is your first time making chicken this way, you'll understand why fast.) You'll want to start the Then, once it's perfectly cooked, you can pair it with almost anything, whether a simple green salad or a side of smashed potatoes loaded with butter. Did you sear the bottom of the scallops? Because the one on the right doesn't look quite done yet. As for the cooked side of the scallops, how did you cook them?