You can cook Scalloped Potatos using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatos
- It's 4 cups of thinly sliced potatoes.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated cheese, to sprinkle on top.
Scalloped Potatos step by step
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour. Let sit for a minute..
- Add all of the cold milk, stirring with a whisk..
- Season with salt and cayenne..
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk..
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese..
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish..
- Pour half of the cheese sauce over potatoes..
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce..
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top..
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly on top..